Holidays


 Hello and welcome back to my blog!

Do you have a special memory during the holidays? I remember Christmas when I was 17 years old very well. I have two reasons why I remember it.


[My Job]

First, it was the first Christmas that I started my part time job in a café. The café was popular and we had a special menu such as roast chicken, hors d'oeuvre and pizza for Christmas, so we were very busy. "Christmas week" started 5 days before and finished 5 days late. I worked 7 days during “Christmas week” and at the end of Christmas, I thought I didn't want to work anymore. However, my owner gave us a Christmas present on the last day of my work day!! I was really happy and thought “I was glad that I worked hard the last two weeks!” 


[Party with my family]

On December 24th, I had a day off, but my family had to work during the day. When I heard that from my family, I decided to make Christmas dishes for them. I planned to make roast beef, stew and salad. Roast beef wasn’t difficult. Season the beef and cook on high heat until it  turns golden in color, then turn off the heat and wait 45 minutes just like that. Wasabi and mayonnaise sauce goes well with it.

We usually give presents to each other after dinner. When I was a little child, I could not buy any presents, so I gave letters and flowers which I picked up from our garden to my family. At that time, I gave some relaxing goods. 



Thank you for reading!

Comments

  1. Hi, Kyoko!
    I read your blog. In my part time job we have a Christmas week too. We prepare special wine and special dishes for this week. In addition, my master prepares meals for good meats. It is so delicious and beautiful. This is one of the best events for my lifes.

    Chiaki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kyoko!! I read your blog! I was surprised that you did part time job at Christmas season.  You are great!! I definitely don't want to do it. I think your owner is kind that gave you a present. The meals you cook seems like delicious. I would like to eat roast beef with sauce of wasabi and mayonnaise.

    Ayana

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment